Dacres, Stahl lock horns in discus

first_imgAndre Lowe (AL): Fedrick Dacres is tipped by many to take the gold medal in the discus event at next month’s World Championships and he will get a chance to get familiar with the London Olympic Stadium when he lines up in a strong field tomorrow. Raymond Graham (RG): It is a strong field indeed. After being world leader for a while he no longer holds that spot as Daniel Stahl of Sweden has recently taken charge with a 71.29 metres throw and now is a great opportunity for Dacres to take back that lead. AL:”Lithuania’s Andriuz Gudzius also comes in with a good mark, a 68.61m personal best effort but he did that seven meets ago and has not been close since. This one should certainly be settled between the Jamaican and the Swede.” RG: “Not really. Remember you can’t write off the Polish thrower Piotr Malachowski, who has a best of over 71 metres in the event and could hit top form soon and with the great competition expected tomorrow, this could be the moment for him. AL: The world champion has looked a shade of himself this season and has been struggling with 64m and 65m throws all year. He will not figure much here. Stahl is confident, his 71m throw was his first effort over 68m so that was a big PB and it came at his last meet, he certainly has momentum on his side.” RG: It’s a big moment for Dacres as bragging rights and a psychological advantage can be crucial but I am siding with Stahl for this one to get the better of Dacres as he is in great form coming into the meet.” AL: “Well, neither will be short on motivation. Just 10 points separate the top five in this event on the road to the final with Stahl in the lead. He won’t repeat that 71m throw on Sunday. Dacres is in third place and he will get the win tomorrow with a 68m effort.last_img read more

Read More
NEW DEAL! Bournemouth defender Tyrone Mings sign new long-term contract

first_img Tyrone Mings could leave on loan Defender Tyrone Mings has committed his future to Bournemouth by signing a new long-term contract, the Premier League club have announced.The Cherries have not revealed the length of the deal for the 24-year-old, who arrived at the Vitality Stadium from Ipswich in the summer of 2015.Mings, who suffered a serious knee injury on his Bournemouth debut and was also suspended for five matches last season following an incident involving Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, has made 13 appearances for Eddie Howe’s side.“It was an easy decision for me because I’m very settled down here,” Ming’s told the club’s official website.“The first two years of my time wasn’t an easy one, with trying to get in the team and getting injured on my debut.“But I came out of it the other end, had a bit of a run in the team last year and feel like I am in a good place now.“I’m over the moon to be staying.”Mings has featured twice so far this season, playing in the Carabao Cup tie at Birmingham and the Premier League match at home to Manchester City.He becomes the latest player to extend his stay with Bournemouth following new deals for Steve Cook, Harry Arter, Adam Smith and Dan Gosling.Cherries chief executive Neill Blake said: “He had a very tough start to life here with a serious injury but has come out the other side a better player and person for the experience he has been through.“Tyrone is a player of huge talent and potential, an exceptional athlete and someone who has a very bright future at this club.” 1last_img read more

Read More